BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 09, 2022

Studying for finals? Read our puzzles special instead!

Berkeley man arrested on suspicion of grand theft, possession of stolen property

DANIEL KIM | FILE

FEBRUARY 20, 2019

A family on the 1400 block of Parker Street discovered that four of its laptops were stolen after its teenagers threw a party at the family house without permission Friday evening, according to a Berkeley Police Department Nixle alert released Wednesday.

At 9:34 a.m. on Saturday, an officer stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation on University Avenue near Seabreeze Market and Deli. When the officer searched the vehicle and its four occupants, the officer located a backpack with four laptops inside, according to the alert. When officers investigated the laptops, they discovered that they were stolen the night before, according to the alert.

Afterward, one of the occupants — an 18-year-old Berkeley male — confessed to the theft, and was arrested on suspicion of grand theft and possession of stolen property, according to the alert.

Alexandra Casey is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @acasey_dc.

FEBRUARY 20, 2019