A power ranking of our favorite sketches from Nickelodeon’s ‘All That’ in celebration of its return

A man in pajamas lays on a bed within a room that is highly decorated in pattern prints.
Nickelodeon/Courtesy

Welcome back to your childhood. Nickelodeon’s revered series, “All That,” is making its glorious return this summer with OG star, Kenan Thompson, sitting on his righteous throne as executive producer. If you haven’t pissed your pants already, don’t worry, we at the Clog have done enough for everyone. As a way to get the ’90s and early 2000s kids back in the groove, the Clog has power ranked the show’s best sketches in honor of this legendary moment.

1. “Vital Information”

Lori Beth Denberg is an effing gem. And we don’t mean some random crystal you bought at a museum, we mean she’s the shiny diamond we all want to be. She was the star of “Vital Information,” arguably the best sketch of “All That.” She always delivered real news to the kids whose eyes were glued to their box TV sets, like “when you cough something up, never take it to school and tell people it’s your friend Robert,” and “when the going gets tough, the tough get going. When left in the sun, mayonnaise grows hair.” 

2. “Everyday French with Pierre Escargot”

Kenan Thompson in a raincoat in an overflowing bathtub poorly translating the language of love into English will give even the most cultured individual a good laugh. One-liners like “may I slap you with my spicy burrito?” and “Oh no! The babysitter exploded!” definitely appealed to the side of purely nonsensical comedy we all secretly enjoy. Pardon his French!

3. “Good Burger”

The most successful sketch ever done by “All That” (and by that, we mean it got its own segment on “Kenan and Kel” and it’s own damn movie) is none other than “Good Burger.” As soon as kids would hear the line, “Welcome to Good Burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?” we knew things were about to get real funny. Kel, the cashier, is every customer’s worst nightmare, constantly messing up orders, causing chaos and delivering a whole lot of sass. These were good times at Good Burger.

4. “Ask Ashley”

Back when Amanda Bynes was still a well-loved child star, she had her own sketch called “Ask Ashley” during which she would give absurdly useful advice to innocent people who would write her letters. However, she’d go into a fiery rage if the letter addressed to her was even remotely stupid (which, of course, it always was). Watching a tiny Amanda descend into hysterics over idiotic messages was always a great and relatable moment.

5. “Okrah”

If Kel dressed up as a knockoff Oprah doesn’t get you hot and bothered, well, we have nothing to say to you. This sketch focused on children and their problems, like Jerry Springer but less intense. Kel’s iconic catchphrases like “Today on the Okrah show, you’ll be entertained by other people’s tragic lives,” and “I feel hurt” made our lives all the more less miserable.

6. “Repairman”

“I’M REPAIRMAN-MAN-MAN-MAN-MAN-MAN!!” Kel’s echoing voice as he unintentionally caused mass destruction was always a harbinger of more mass destruction. The Repairman-man-man-man-man would crash through something upon arrival, attempt to fix it and fail to fix it, all while carrying out his signature Kel antics. Oh, and let’s not forget about “REPAIR BOY-BOY-BOY-BOY-BOY-BOY-BOY!!”

Not every spinoff is successful, and there’s plenty of evidence for that in previous Nick reboots. This show, as the cream of the ’90s crop, has a ton to live up to. But we’re confident in Kenan and his SNL expertise to revamp the show and give us the modern “All That” we deserve.

Contact Pooja Bale at [email protected] .