Editors’ Note: Feb. 22

weekender logo
Hannah Cooper/Senior Staff

This week at the Weekender, staff writers dove headfirst into a wide array of topics — from consulting club culture on campus to a poetic observation on life in the suburbs.

In light of a social media trend that seeks to spotlight the endeavors and accomplishments of Armenian women, staff writer Lillian Avedian spoke to three Instagram account moderators on the current state and future of Armenian feminism. Moved by a meaningful exchange with one of her favorite professors, staff writer Raina Yang untangled the psychological theory of cognitive dissonance in relation to her own life, examining the many ways in which we lie to ourselves.

Staff writer Arth Vidyarthi, fresh off a week of recruiting for consulting clubs on campus, wrote at length about his impression of the clubs’ cultures and addressed how certain stereotypes ring false or true. After attending a roundtable discussion at the Pacific School of Religion, a stone’s throw from North Gate, staff writer Layla Chamberlin interviewed the host and speaker Ariel Vegosen to get her take on queerness and menstruation in traditional Jewish beliefs.  Rounding out the issue, staff writer Sarena Kuhn contributed an incisive take on the careless stink of suburbia and how we might all benefit from cleaning up after ourselves once in a while.

Contact the Weekender at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter at @dcweekender.