A reminder of the best feelings at UC Berkeley in lieu of midterm season

A person holds a cup of frozen yogurt.
Sunny Shen /Staff

It’s about that time of year — you’re regretting your decision to attend UC Berkeley and stalking your friend at UC Santa Barbara’s Instagram account like it’s your job. It doesn’t help that it’s raining. Do not fear, however, because we at the Clog have your back. Although during midterm season they feel few and far between, we are here to remind you of the wonderful feelings you get to have at UC Berkeley! Hang in there!

Getting the bCourses notification that your 8 a.m. is cancelled

Nothing beats the feeling of pure relief when you wake up at the crack of dawn and see that your 8 a.m. (which is all the way in CNR) was cancelled. Here’s to rolling back over in bed guilt-free!

Finding the perfect source for your research paper

You’ve been hunting through OskiCat for hours, saving sources for that ridiculous research paper that you had the whole beginning of the semester to complete. Suddenly, you find a peer-reviewed journal article on your exact topic! Now, you just need to find 10 more sources and write the damn thing.

Checking the Yogurt Park menu to see that they have your favorite flavor

It’s been a rough day and the urge to stress eat hits, so you hit Facebook and check Yogurt Park’s page and you can’t believe it — they have your favorite obscure flavor! As you sprint to YoPo you can’t help but think this is a sign that attending UC Berkeley was the right decision.

Finding a seat in Moffitt for you AND a friend

Your friend texted you that she’ll meet you at Moffitt, but you’ve been through this too many times before. You know that you’ll find a seat and there won’t be any open spots near you, so you both will go your separate ways. The shock and joy that fills you when you see two open seats together is unprecedented. Now, you and your friend can suffer together.

When we beat a football team you’ve actually heard of

Although game days are a thing from fall semester, we urge you to remember the feeling of beating USC in overtime. You felt so proud to be a Golden Bear, or maybe you didn’t care, but either way it’s still a good feeling.

Remembering that you go to the No. 1 public university in the world

Midterms suck, but at the end of the day you go to the No. 1 public university. Just keep telling yourself that means something!

We at the Clog hope this article has inspired you to keep pushing through the pain of midterms and allows you to reflect on other amazing feelings this godforsaken campus has gifted you. So get off that girl from high school’s Instagram and hit the books — only three and a half weeks until spring break!

Contact Elena Cavender at [email protected].