Nightlife and coastlines: A local’s guide to Los Cabos

Davidlohr Bueso/Flickr/Creative Commons

Renowned for its sunny beaches and vibrant nightlife, Los Cabos is a favorite destination for spring breakers and families alike. People, however, often find themselves sticking to the parts of town that cater more to tourists. But, with this guide, you’ll find yourself experiencing Los Cabos like a true local! Here are five places that you must visit during your trip to the Baja Peninsula.

El Arco

Also known as The Arch, this rock formation has the uncanny look of a dinosaur drinking from the sea. While most people choose to take a Panga (a glass-bottomed boat) to see the Arch, you can take this adventure one step further and hike on the nearby rocks! This will not only give you an amazing bird’s-eye view of the Los Cabos area, but it will also provide a great backdrop for that perfect travel photo. Pro tip: start the hike an hour before the sun goes down to watch the sun set over the horizon!

The Art Walk

Walking through San José’s Art District on a Thursday night is undoubtedly one of the most magical experiences a person can have. Traditional folklore dancers line the streets, colorful banners stream down from Colonial buildings and restaurants throw open their doors to a vibrant crowd. Not to mention, Los Cabos has some of the greatest art galleries in the world! You can meander down the lively cobblestone streets cold drink in hand, of course — and walk in and out of art galleries to your heart’s content.

Flora Farms

For many, Los Cabos represents a sublime juxtaposition of easygoing beach life and luxury. No place embodies this more than the one and only, Flora Farms. Here, you can dine on organic five-star food (all of which is grown on Flora’s extensive gardens and ranches) while being enveloped in a farm-to-table oasis. The restaurant’s a destination in and of itself; in addition to the main dining area, it has an ice cream stand, a coffee and wine shop, artisanal clothing stores and so much more! Pro tip: Schedule a farm tour for a behind-the-scenes look at Flora’s (and for a peek at the Mango Grove, where Behati Prinsloo and Adam Levine were married!)

Playa Acapulquito

Also known as Old Man’s Beach, this picture-perfect beach is ideal if you want to surf. Hire an instructor (or bring your own board) and hit the waves! Playa Acapulquito is also perfect for snorkeling — the vibrant coral and sea life makes for an unforgettable swim. Bring a beach towel (and a fresh coconut from one of the nearby coconut stands) and lay under the sun for some much needed R & R.

The Nowhere Bar

This last one is for the party animals! We haven’t forgotten the main reason for your visit to Cabo — to party, of course! While Cabo San Lucas’ s nightclub strip is famous because of clubs such as Mandala and El Squid Roe, The Nowhere Bar holds a special place in the hearts of locals. While the other clubs can get overwhelming due to the ungodly amounts of people, the quaint setting of The Nowhere Bar always has just the right ambience: the music is great, the drinks are always flowing and the disco-style floor is just the right size to dance the night away.

We hope you enjoyed this local’s guide to Los Cabos! With its vibrant nightlife and picturesque coastline, the Baja Peninsula is undoubtedly one of the most magical places on the planet. Should you ever find yourself daydreaming about escaping to an island, remember that the beauty of Los Cabos is only a short plane ride away.

Contact Jazmin Cubilla at [email protected].