West Berkeley cannabis company burglary suspects charged with multiple counts

Rashsad Sisemore/File

Two men have been charged with second degree commercial burglary and grand theft of personal property after stealing $93,000 from a West Berkeley cannabis company Aug. 31, as first reported by Berkeleyside.

Everett Walker and Domineke Dunlap allegedly took money and personal property from Organa Brands, a West Berkeley cannabis extraction company. Dunlap stole $93,036 from a locked safe using the passcode, according to court documents. The victims believed that Walker, an employee at Organa Brands, provided Dunlap with information and building passcodes.

Berkeley Police Department arrested Walker on March 5, according to court documents. DNA recovered from a dropped black latex glove matched that of Dunlap’s, and cellphone tower data showed Walker’s phone number was connected to Dunlap’s cellphone during the time of burglary. Walker’s vehicle was also reportedly seen parked in front of Dunlap’s residence and Dunlap was seen getting into the passenger seat. The two men were also friends on Facebook, court documents show.

The documents revealed Walker denied involvement in the burglary and any connection with Dunlap. Beyond the alleged connection on the night of the crime, however, the document stated that during jail phone calls, Walker asked someone to call or text Dunlap to tell him to get rid of his phone and phone number. Walker also “admitted to his girlfriend that he participated in the burglary” during jail phone calls.

In addition to charges of second degree commercial burglary and grand theft, Dunlap was also charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition — he is prohibited from having them in possession due to prior felony convictions in 2008 and 2010. According to Berkeleyside, Dunlap is no longer in custody, but will have a pretrial hearing March 25 at the René C. Davidson Courthouse in Oakland.

Walker also had prior felony convictions because of firearm possession, domestic violence and possessions of controlled substances.

Alameda County’s inmate locator shows Walker is being held at Santa Rita Jail on $65,000 bail. His next hearing is March 18 at René C. Davidson Courthouse.

Contact Andreana Chou at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @AndreanaChou.