BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 04, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Suspect arrested in connection with trespassing, battery incident at Hotel Shattuck Plaza

GOOGLE | COURTESY

|

Managing Editor

MARCH 18, 2019

Berkeley Police Department arrested a suspect in connection with a trespassing incident at Hotel Shattuck Plaza on Sunday morning, according to a Nixle alert released Monday.

Officers responded to Hotel Shattuck Plaza, located at 2086 Allston Way, about 10:44 a.m. Sunday after receiving reports that a suspect was inside one of the restrooms and had refused to leave. The alert alleged that when staff members at the hotel had previously asked the suspect to leave, she had instead splashed water in the staffers’ faces.

The alert also alleged that when the responding officers attempted to detain the suspect, she kicked one of the officers in the groin twice.

The suspect, a 32-year-old woman, was arrested on suspicion of battery, trespassing and violence on a police officer, according to the alert.

Chantelle Lee is the managing editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ChantelleHLee.

MARCH 19, 2019