The Clog’s pre-spring break pump up playlist

Caragh McErlean/File

What time is it? Not summertime, as our fellow “High School Musical 2 “friends sing. It’s almost spring break, Bears! The long awaited, hopefully sunshine-filled temporary freedom from the wrath of this semester is almost here. So, hang in there, because it’s so close you can probably taste it at this point. Yum. Whether you’ll be planted on Cabo’s Mango Deck for an entire week, jet-setting to the world’s most exotic destinations or spending your break binge watching the show you’ve been waiting all semester to tune into and catching up on sleep, it’s time to get pumped up for the party that is spring break (however you may define the word “party”). To help you get your spirits high and out of the midterm slump, we at the Clog are here with our very own pre-spring break playlist to get you pumped up for the nine days of freedom ahead.

“Losing It” by FISHER

“I’m losing it,” a phrase repeated over and over again in this very catchy and straightforward song, is the exact phrase we’d all probably use to describe how we feel as we spend the remainder of our days on campus working hard in Moffitt and chugging Strada coffee until we can’t take it anymore. But, despite it matching our feelings this week as we await the second we can leave our schoolwork behind for a little while, it also screams “who’s ready to party?” which we’ll surely be doing in one form or another once spring break rolls around.

“In Da Club” by 50 Cent

Go shawty, it’s your birthday, we gonna party like it’s your birthday … once it’s finally spring break, that is! Whether or not it’s your birthday over spring break or you’ll be “partying” in the colloquial, stereotypical spring break sense. “In Da Club” is the perfect jam to get you daydreaming about being anywhere but your 8 a.m. lecture next week.

“What Time Is It?” by Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Lucas Grabeel, Corbin Bleu, Ashley Tisdale and Monique Coleman

It’s almost spring break, which basically means it’s almost summertime. And according to this song, it’s also “party time” and “the time of our lives” — everything that spring break should be. So, sing along with the “High School Musical” cast about how school’s (almost) out, because guess what? It sort of is!

“Island In The Sun” by Weezer

Seeking some chill island vibes to get you over the hump that is the rest of this week? Wishing you were going on a tropical vacation in the middle of the ocean but you’ll actually just be at home catching up on that mountain of reading you left for your “time off?” Listen to “Island in the Sun” and you’ll instantly feel like you’re on an island … in the sun, whatever that means. Still better than that reading, though.

“We R Who We R” by Ke$ha

Remember when you danced to “We R Who We R” at your middle school dance (no, just us?) and screamed to your friends “tonight we’re going ha-a-a-a-a-ard” when you were not in fact going hard? Well, really remember that feeling as you listen to it now, years later. That’s how you’ll be feeling once spring break rolls around! Whether you’re Netflixing or partying it up, go hard and remember that you’re a superstar.

“Pursuit of Happiness — Extended Steve Aoki Remix” by Kid Cudi, MGMT, Ratatat and Steve Aoki

This song is the perfect reminder that everything’s going to be okay and happiness is just around the corner, with a nice, danceable rhythm mixed in. Jump out of your seat and throw your textbooks in the air, because thanks to this glorious Steve Aoki remix of Kid Cudi’s “Pursuit of Happiness,” your spring break dreams are bound to come true soon enough.

Chloe Lelchuk is the blog editor. Contact Chloe Lelchuk at [email protected].