A golden summer: Exciting events happening in the Bay Area this summer

Four panels showing music performances and Ferris wheel
Evelyn Zou/Staff

T-minus roughly one month until we’re finally free from our responsibilities at UC Berkeley! As you’re entering the second round of midterms, and for some of you, the third round of midterms, we at the Clog want to motivate you in finishing the semester strong. Summer is so close and there are a ton of events and activities waiting for you. From finally being able to explore the Bay Area to attending Outside Lands, there are endless opportunities to create memorable experiences with your friends. Here are just a few events happening this summer in the Bay Area.

Jai Wolf | May 17-18  

Start off your summer by attending Jai Wolf’s concert at the Warfield! Tickets are about $60 as of today, April 3. Purchase your tickets quick before prices begin to skyrocket. Grab a bunch of your friends and forget about the horrors of the semester and finals!

NorCal Night Market | May 23-26

Bay Area natives have heard all about the glories of the SoCal Night Market. And now we have one of our own! There will be over 200 food and drink, merchandise and entertainment vendors this year. Take a well-deserved break from Cal Dining and come down to the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton to experience incredibly delicious foods and deserts — you won’t regret it.  

Billie Eilish | May 29

Who doesn’t love Billie Eilish? She will be performing at Bill Graham this summer! Her music is to die for, and we hear her concerts are always killer.  

Baseball games | July-August

It’s baseball season, y’all! We’re calling all our A’s and Giants fans out there because there will be a ton of baseball games at Oakland Coliseum and AT&T Park throughout July and August.  

Alameda County Fair | June 14-July 7

The Alameda County Fair never disappoints. From the Derby Dog Dash to all of the rides, there’s just so much to do. And let’s not forget about their mesmerizing funnel cakes! This is a perfect way to spend a day or two with your friends and family. 

Shawn Mendes | July 13-14

Shawn Mendes is coming to the Oracle Arena and we can’t stop screaming about it. Tickets are about $70 right now — hurry and cop your tickets before they’re sold out!

PIER 29 Fourth of July Dockside Fireworks | July 4

July 4 is probably one of the most eventful days in July. Amazing fireworks and quality time with friends and family, what more can we ask for? Enjoy the beauty of fireworks with an incredible view of the city and ocean as the backdrop at the pier. 

FoodieLand Night Market | July 5-8

Did someone say food? FoodieLand Night Market is held right here in Berkeley at the Golden Gate Fields. Enjoy over 100 food and entertainment vendors and eat exquisite Asian-inspired street food.

Outside Lands | August 9-11

Couldn’t make it to Coachella this year? No worries, you can still experience the fun at Outside Lands! Outside Lands is an extremely fun music festival that takes place every year in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Enjoy outstanding performances from spectacular artists like Childish Gambino, Kygo, Ella Mai, San Holo, and Twenty One Pilots.  

There’s no way you can’t have fun in the Bay Area this summer. On top of these events, you can explore the beauties of the Bay by hiking, camping and going to one of its many beaches. Hang in there, summer is just around the corner!

Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].