Cal men’s basketball’s star forward announces his intent to transfer

Lorenzo Dela Cruz/Staff

Cal men’s basketball sophomore forward Justice Sueing has announced his intent to transfer from the program via social media.

“After many conversations with my family, I have decided that it is best for me to explore my options in transferring,” Sueing wrote in a Twitter post. “Attending Berkeley has been one of my biggest blessings and played a huge part of my growth.”

In two seasons at Cal, Sueing was one of the program’s lone bright spots, averaging 14.1 points and 5.7 rebounds while shooting 43.3 percent from the field.

As a sophomore, Sueing averaged career highs all across the board in points (14.3), rebounds (6.0), assists (1.9), steals (1.7) and player efficiency rating (19.7).

Sueing is not the only Bear potentially on the move, as sophomore guard Darius McNeill also announced his intent to transfer via social media. Last season, Sueing and McNeill combined for 37 percent of the team’s total points.

“After countless of conversations with my family and weighing the pros and cons, I’ve decided it’s in my best interest to transfer from California Berkeley,” McNeill wrote in a Twitter post.

Sueing announcing his intent to transfer comes only two days after Mark Fox was officially introduced as the new head coach of the program.

Justice delos Santos covers baseball. Contact Justice delos Santos at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @justdelossantos.