Sweet dreams are made of these! A trip to Palm Açai Café

Acai bowls
Jazmin Cubilla/File

Walking into Palm Açai, you’re greeted with the comforting feeling of entering your own hometown café. The staff are incredibly friendly and happy to offer recommendations should you feel indecisive, as there are tons of delicious bowls to choose. This place is reminiscent of a Hawaiian-style açai café with a luscious smoothie base and boatloads of toppings — you won’t find them skimping on the fruit and granola here. Take advantage of the warmer weather and treat yourself to the best açai in all of Berkeley!

These are some of their great options:

The Gatherer (top right)

With a cashew milk, açai, banana and strawberry base, The Gatherer is my personal favorite. It’s loaded with strawberries, blueberries, goji berries, crunchy house-made granola, almonds, raw honey and bee pollen. If you’re craving an açai bowl that feels like a full-blown meal, this should be your go-to.

The Amazonian (top left)

If you’re feeling a trip to the tropics, order The Amazonian. It has the same cashew milk-açai base as The Gatherer, but its toppings include mango, banana, crushed cashews and coconut flakes. Definitely a must-try if you truly want to transport yourself to a tropical island. The base is lusciously creamy, and its juxtaposition with tropical fruits is sublime.

The Dragon (bottom)

Last, but certainly not least, is The Dragon. With a light and sweet pitaya base, this bowl is a great option for anyone who doesn’t like the deep flavor profile of açai. The Dragon is topped with strawberries, kiwi, mango and coconut with a smattering of granola and raw honey on top. 

Palm Açai Café is only a short walk from campus and is located right in the middle of the picturesque Elmwood District. Order a bowl to-go and meander around College Avenue’s many bookstores and gift shops, each store more aesthetically pleasing than the last. Don’t waste this short window of sun we’ve been experiencing, and go order a delicious açai bowl from Palm Açai Café!

Contact Jazmin Cubilla at [email protected].