What if ‘Game of Thrones’ characters went to Berkeley?

Game of Thrones
Macall B. Polay/HBO/Courtesy

With the last season of “Game of Thrones” having premiered last night, we at the Clog are sad to see our favorite characters go. From Arya Stark to Tyrion Lannister, here’s how your favorite White-Walker-slaying personas would live life at UC Berkeley.

Tyrion Lannister

Involved yet over it, Tyrion is your typical senior frat boy. As an English major, he spends his days attending as few classes as possible. Cramming in that 10-page paper everyone has known about for a month into a day, Tyrion gets an A on every paper, no matter what. We don’t know how he does it.

Jon Snow

Passionate about saving everyone, Jon is your standard political science major out to rescue the world from doom. Plus, with a sports scholarship in the bag, Jon’s role on the football team might just be the reason why we will one day beat Stanford. Good-looking, smart, sporty but humble, it’s not difficult to see why he’s renowned throughout campus.

Arya Stark

A powerful and opinionated character in the show, Arya is your cliché UC Berkeley social justice warrior. Leading protests all over campus and minoring in public policy, everyone knows what she’s thinking, whether they like it or not.

Samwell Tarly

Wholesome and endearing, Tarly is the only optimistic pre-med student you’ll ever meet. Accepted into UC Berkeley by expressing his love for learning and helping people, he can seemingly do it all. Just as he quotes facts about historians in the show, Sam can name any organic compound and write a reaction mechanism at lightning speed. Sam is one of the people to turn to for the most meticulous notes on any subject, which are guaranteed to be a perfect summary of both the lecture and the readings.

Daenerys Targaryen

Despite being a society and environment major in order to learn how to help the world as best she can, Daenerys’ really spends most of her time working for the ASUC. Having had a hand in the student government since freshman year, Daenerys has strong opinions when it comes to campus issues, as she strives to protect all of her “dragons.”

Cersei Lannister

Our favorite tyrannical leader, Cersei Lannister is the remnants of a once-flourishing law student, now turned bitter and angry after one too many all-nighters. With political aspirations, Cersei’s dependence on money and dreams of world domination make her the perfect future presidential candidate.

With the show coming to a close soon, we wish the characters were actually students here! If they even survive this season, that is…

Contact Chandini Dialani at [email protected].