Cal men’s basketball adds versatile forward to class of 2019

Cal men’s basketball added another piece to its incoming class of 2019, earning a commitment from three-star prospect Kuany Kuany.

“Thank God for giving me the opportunity to play college basketball, thank you to all of the college programs that recruited me. I would also like to thank my family and Prolific Prep for believing in me, With that being said I will attend the University Of California Berkeley,” Kuany wrote in a Twitter post.

Kuany, a 6’10” forward of Kenyan descent who formerly lived in South Sudan and Australia, played at multiple schools after moving to the United States in 2015. His career began at Victory Rock Prep in Bradenton, Florida, before he transferred to Prolific Prep in Napa.

As a senior at Prolific Prep, Kuany averaged 9.9 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game, according to PrepCircuit.

With Kuany, Cal adds some much-needed depth to its front court, which is currently composed of Andre Kelly, Grant Anticevich, Jacobi Gordon and D.J. Thorpe. Justice Sueing and Connor Vanover’s futures with the team remain ambiguous, as both still remain in the NCAA transfer portal.

Justice delos Santos covers baseball. Contact Justice delos Santos at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @justdelossantos.