The best 4th of July events to go to in the Bay Area

Illustration of fireworks over the Bay
Olivia Staser/Staff

Independence Day is an annual federal holiday that commemorates the day when our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. It’s an extremely celebratory day, and individuals from around the country spend the day with their families and friends watching fireworks, eating good food and enjoying great company. Here are some of the best Fourth of July events happening in the Bay Area.

Oakland A’s Fireworks Night

Where: Oakland Coliseum

When: July 3, after the A’s play the Twins

What: For the audience of the exciting baseball game, the coliseum will have fireworks that go off after the game.

4th of July Celebration at the Pier

Where: Pier 39, San Francisco

When: July 4

What: Many of Pier 39’s water attractions will have special Fourth of July Firework cruises on the day. There will be music from 3 to 6 p.m. and fireworks over the bay at 9:30 p.m.

4th of July at Berkeley Marina

Where: Berkeley Marina

When: July 4, noon to 10 p.m.

What: This is a free, alcohol-free event. There will be all kinds of family events from noon onward: live entertainment, games and food. Fireworks will start at 9:30 p.m. over the water near the end of the Berkeley Pier.

City of El Cerrito & worldOne 4th of July Festival

Where: Cerrito Vista Park at 7007 Moeser Lane in El Cerrito

When: July 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

What: This festival will be El Cerrito’s largest community gathering. The admission-free family-friendly event will be full of food and entertainment. Live performers such as Circus Imagination, Magical Nathaniel and Benny Bock will take the stage.

These are only a few of some of the great Fourth of July events happening in the Bay Area. Use these events to have a great time with your loved ones. Stay safe, and enjoy the fireworks!

Contact Christina Kim at [email protected].