Iconic roles we’d like to see Beyoncé in after Nala in ‘The Lion King’

Wikimedia/Courtesy

This weekend, Disney’s “The Lion King” remake will hit the theaters. The film’s cast is star-studded, but Beyoncé fans are especially excited to hear Queen Bey as Nala. What could be better than Beyoncé, one of today’s most talented and powerful artists, stepping into such a beloved role? The answer: if she’d step into a few more. Here are four other iconic roles we at the Clog are ready to see Beyoncé play after Nala.

1. Wonder Woman

She’s strong, resilient, beautiful and an all-around badass. And we guess Wonder Woman is pretty cool, too. But seriously, we can’t think of a better and more influential person to play the Amazonian princess and superhero than Beyoncé. 

1. Princess Tiana

If we’ve learned anything from “The Lion King,” it’s that Beyoncé can absolutely do Disney. Princess Tiana would be a perfect role for her: The two are both incredibly hardworking, determined Black women with big dreams and big hearts. And those vocals? We can already hear a Beyoncé rendition of “Almost There.” 

1. The Bride

If we’re talking about remakes, let’s talk about “Kill Bill.” Beyoncé undertaking Uma Thurman’s role in those films would be breathtaking. For starters, we already know that yellow looks great on Beyoncé, so the Bride’s iconic costume (you know the one we’re talking about) won’t be a problem. Plus, we wholeheartedly believe that Beyoncé is capable of beating up anybody you put in front of her — she just has that kind of powerful vibe.

1.  Herself

Wouldn’t all movies just seem a little better if they included a sprinkle of Beyoncé? Our solution is to just edit a Beyoncé cameo into every iconic movie ever made. Imagine Beyoncé sitting at the bus stop with Forrest Gump. Or, keep everything exactly the same in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” except the band at the Yule Ball is Beyoncé performing her Coachella set. Boom, instantly elevated. 

A role model to many, Beyoncé represents power in femininity and Black excellence, and dang — that woman can sing. With this weekend’s premiere of “The Lion King,” she’ll make her mark on a childhood classic in a big and beautiful way. We can’t wait to see what she’ll do next.

Contact Margo Salah at [email protected].