“What’s your name and favorite ice cream flavor?”
This is the famous icebreaker question. I swear I answer it at least once a semester and I almost always answer with “strawberry.” I know it’s considered “basic,” but at least it’s better than saying “vanilla.”
Strawberry is indeed simple, but I like my ice cream that way. Forget outrageous ice cream flavors such as Chunky Monkey or roasted black sesame to satisfy my ice cream cravings; I just need a good scoop of strawberry ice cream — preferably with strawberry chunks (this is the key). So, here’s the scoop on the best homemade strawberry ice cream you’ll ever make. With just three ingredients, you’re able to achieve a creamy, strawberry-filled ball of delight!
- 1.5 pounds of frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- Allow the frozen strawberries to thaw for about 5-10 minutes before placing them in a blender or food processor.
- Blend the strawberries into small chunks and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until it’s well combined.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream using an electric mixer until stiff peaks form (2-3 minutes).
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into the strawberry mixer and gently stir them together.
- Pour the final mixture into a bread pan and place it into the freezer.
- In about 5-6 hours, your ice cream will be ready to be devoured! If strawberry is not your desired scoop, you can replace it with any frozen fruit.
Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].