A motivational playlist to help you secure the job at this career fair

It’s safe to say that everyone gets a bit nervous before and during a career fair. The pressure of wanting to make a good first impression and the idea of taking a step toward what you’ll be doing for the rest of your life is nothing less than terrifying. Music, however, helps with everything and we want to help pump you up for this year’s career fair. 

“Work Bitch” by Britney Spears 

Britney tells it how it is in this song. If you want something, you better work! At the career fair, you can’t expect recruiters to give you all their attention. You have to work to stand out and make a lasting impression. 

“Work from Home” by Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign

Although this song says that “you don’t gotta go to work,” it also tells you that “you gotta put in work.” You don’t necessarily need to secure a job at the career fair, but it’s good to put work in to help move toward your career.

“Don’t Stop Believin’ ” by Journey

An oldie, but definitely a goodie. Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” truly stands the test of time and can make anyone feel much more self-confident with every listen. Don’t stop believing in yourself!

“Work” by Rihanna ft. Drake

Rihanna’s voice itself should motivate you enough to do well at the career fair and have a “savage” presence when you walk into the Recreational Sports Facility.

“Work Hard, Play Hard” by Wiz Khalifa 

The harder you work, the better the benefits will be. By working harder, you’ll be playing harder too — whatever type of “playing” you choose. Either way, working hard always makes you feel a lot better anyway. 

“Working Day and Night” by Michael Jackson

The King of Pop’s upbeat song will definitely put you in a great mood to make amazing first impressions. Here’s to hoping you all find a company at the career fair that you’re actually passionate about — so you’ll actually want to be working day and night. 

“Motivation” by Normani

Let Normani’s new tune give you motivation to get it at the career fair! When we say “get it,” we want to clarify that we mean getting a better understanding of what career path you’d like to venture down. 

“Never Say Never” by Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith

Justin and Jaden remind us that “never” should never be in our vocabulary. I mean, people told some of us that we’d never get into UC Berkeley, but look at us now! So never say never about your future, you can do whatever it is you want. 

“Bitch Better Have My Money” by Rihanna

Yes, of course we had to include another banger by our queen, Rihanna! We want to stress that a career should not be fueled by money, but rather on one’s personal interests and passions. Rihanna’s song does make us feel confident and important, however. For whatever career path you choose, it’s important to realize that you should always be paid for your work, time and effort. 

“Icon” by Jaden Smith

Being a UC Berkeley student already makes us feel like living icons. As icons, we have to walk into the career fair like we own the room, because … we literally do own the RSF… where do you think our tuition money goes? 

“All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled ft. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross

This song, again, is another classic. Without a doubt, this song will get you more than pumped for the career fair! Even though being a UC Berkeley student makes us feel like we are actually losing, we’re still in it to win it. 

“Good As Hell” by Lizzo 

You should be feeling good as hell when walking into the career fair. Lizzo is really everyone’s biggest fan and supporter. If you need anyone to make you feel confident at the career fair, it’s definitely Lizzo! 

“SICKO MODE” by Travis Scott ft. Drake

If there’s anywhere we should all be going “sicko mode,” it’s at the career fair. This song itself should hype you up enough to completely (and professionally) pop off. 

“Young Dumb & Broke” by Khalid

Khalid warns us to stop being young, dumb and broke. Go to the career fair motivated so that you can become young, dumb and financially stable instead!

“Act Up” by City Girls

This song is just a reminder to not act up at the career fair. Act up, and as City Girls say, you can get snatched up — just not in the way you necessarily want to be. 

“REEL IT IN” by Aminé

You have to give it all you got at the career fair. The opportunities at UC Berkeley’s career fair can help you secure the bag! Aminé’s “REEL IT IN” should inspire you to reel in those job and internship offers! 

“Go Bears Freestyle” by Softboi prod. MJ

This is truly the epitome of what it means to be a Golden Bear. Why not get pumped for UC Berkeley’s career fair with a freestyle tune of our favorite fight song? 

We hope this playlist encourages and motivates you to come out to this year’s career fair with the best attitude you can. We understand how scary life after college can be, but maybe this playlist can help you feel a little more confident about it!

Contact Joyce Cam at[email protected].