Oakland resident charged with child molestation, sexual battery by restraint

Google/Courtesy

The Alameda County district attorneys office charged Harold Jackson, a 58-year-old Oakland resident, with child molestation and sexual battery by restraint Sept. 11, as was first reported by Berkeleyside.

On Sept. 8, Jackson saw a high school-aged female walking near Bonita and Hearst avenues. Jackson did not know the female, according to Berkeleyside, but he allegedly proceeded to grab her hand, take her to a nearby playground and kiss her.

According to Berkeleyside, Jackson then allegedly unbuttoned the females shorts and attempted to place his hand down them. After the female stopped him, he followed her to an appointment. Jackson told her that he would wait for her at a nearby bus stop until she was done, according to Berkeleyside.

Once she was at the appointment, the female called her aunt to ask for a ride, and police detained Jackson near the bus stop.

Jackson has an existing criminal record. Between the years of 1983 and 2002, he was convicted for home burglary five times, according to Berkeleyside. Jackson was also arrested in 2001 for child molestation.

Jackson will enter a plea Monday at the René C. Davidson Courthouse in Oakland. He remains in custody and his bail is set at $940,000.

Alex Casey is the city news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @acasey.