Best nonalcoholic events for student organizations

Wikimedia/Creative Commons

Student organizations are an indispensable part of college life! Whether it be Greek life, a professional club or a sports club, it’s important to create strong bonds between your organization’s members. Although alcohol is a big part of college life, it doesn’t have to be the only thing on your itinerary. If you’re trying to organize events for your club this year, here are some fun nonalcoholic events that you should consider! 

Picnic on the Glade

Memorial Glade represents the liveliness of college life and the beauty of the UC Berkeley campus. You can order pizza or have a potluck on the Glade. It’ll be a great way for members to get to know each other while enjoying good food. Since it’s outdoors, you can also plan diverse activities for your members such as frisbee, volleyball, etc. It’s cost-friendly, so it’ll go easy on your club’s bank account.

Board game night

A little competition between your members can’t hurt! Board games are a great way to get to know your peers while still having fun. The best way is to have one of your members host the board game night, but if no location is available, Victory Point Cafe is open every day until 11 p.m. For $5 at the café, you can play any game imaginable, while enjoying delicious drinks and pastries. Take your club members over there for a fun night!

Karaoke night

Everybody loves singing. At karaoke, you don’t have to worry if you’re a bad singer or not. All that matters is that everyone has a good time. Your members can get even closer by spending a night singing and dancing. Karaoke night can be a little pricey, however, so we wouldn’t recommend hosting this every week. Have fun and sing away!

Scavenger hunt

This might take a bit more effort to plan, but it’ll result in a great time and strong bonds between members. You can divide your club members into teams and have them search around campus for certain items. Scavenger hunts are super cost-effective since you’re gaining three hours of entertainment at almost no cost. After the game, you can reward the winners with items such as gift cards or food, so members will have an incentive to play competitively.

Here are some nonalcoholic events you can do with your club! Don’t worry too much about trying to host a perfect event. As long as you can get everyone together, people will have a great time — although providing snacks won’t hurt. Remember to be creative and have fun!

Contact Christina Kim at [email protected].