The Clog’s favorite fall-themed festivals happening this October

Pixabay/Creative Commons

As we step into October, the leaves are starting to change, the cold weather is settling in and Trader Joe’s is stocking up on its pumpkin-themed goods! People from all around the Bay Area are coming together this month to celebrate their love for the fall season and now you can too! Here are four events that celebrate the month of October, coming to a location near you!

Berkeley Harvest Festival

Saturday, October 5, at Cedar Rose Park, Berkeley

This family-friendly event hosts a ton of fun activities, such as live music, food trucks, food contests, a petting zoo, pumpkin decorating, photo booths, a garden expo and more! Be sure to check out this Bay Area celebration happening right in your backyard!

Oaktoberfest

Saturday, October 5, in Dimond District, Oakland

Admission is free to this fall festival hosted in Oakland! There will be lots of great food, live music and entertainment, a taste of the arts and even a wide variety of craft beers to sample.

Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin Festival

Saturday, October 19, on Main Street, Half Moon Bay

This fun-filled celebration of fall happens annually in beautiful Half Moon Bay, the world’s pumpkin capital! There are a host of activities to explore, including costume and pie-eating contests, live music, pumpkin competitions, food, arts and crafts, and the Great Pumpkin Parade! You can spend all day at the festival and stop by the beautiful beaches on your way home.

Halloween Hoopla

Sunday, October 27, at 799 Howard Street, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco

This event boasts a huge pumpkin patch, costume contests, lots of food and drinks and arts and crafts! It claims to be great fun for all ages, so be sure to stop by the Halloween Hoopla for a fun day in the city!

We hope that these events have piqued your interest and made you more excited about the fall season! Relax, have lots of fun, and be safe!

Contact Pariswi Tewari at [email protected].