4 Thanksgiving-themed movies to enjoy

imbd/Courtesy

Thanksgiving can sometimes be overlooked — it often ends up in the shadow of Christmas and Halloween. This holiday, however, is a great excuse to get a few days off from our responsibilities and eat a lot of food. This is not to say that there aren’t any movies out there that revolve around Thanksgiving, though. If you’re curious about the movie selections or just want an excuse to not talk to your family, here are some Thanksgiving movies for you to enjoy!

“A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”

A classic television special, but it deserves a spot on the list nevertheless. The classic Peanuts gang celebrating Thanksgiving might be just the thing to get you to enjoy the holiday. At the very least, it should be a wholesome way to ignore your family.

“Free Birds”

This is an animated movie about turkeys that go back in time to make sure that turkey isn’t on the menu for the first Thanksgiving. If the ridiculous plot doesn’t excite you, you probably shouldn’t see the movie. If it does, why not give this movie a try? This kids’ movie is the perfect way to keep your young cousins out of your hair. 

“ThanksKilling”

There’s probably not a single holiday that doesn’t have a terrible slasher movie attached to it. Thanksgiving is no exception. This particularly horrible horror movie has a demonic turkey that murders people. Steer clear of this one if you don’t want to see a movie filled with dialogue that’s so bad, it’s good, as well as blood and gore. If you do, enjoy the schlock.

“Planes, Trains and Automobiles”

This classic comedy movie might just be set around Thanksgiving but that doesn’t mean it’s not reflective of the holiday. Chances are you’ll encounter travel problems at some point when trying to get home for Thanksgiving or the holidays. This movie brings travel problems to an extreme and makes a buddy comedy out of it.

There are plenty of other specials and movies that are about or take place on Thanksgiving. This list should give you a good start for your holiday-themed viewing. Remember, no matter what, Thanksgiving break gives us a five-day weekend, and it’s just around the corner.

Contact Zachariah Nash at [email protected] .