A winter-inspired veggie bake

flickr/Creative Commons

If you’re super busy with schoolwork but still want to find time to meal prep, single-pan veggie bakes are an absolute godsend! All you need to do is chuck your ingredients into a pan, bake it and you’ll be supplied with multiple healthy meals to get you through the week. In honor of the coming winter, here’s a warming and delicious one-pan veggie bake!

What you’ll need:

2 cups of brussels sprouts, chopped

4 portobello mushrooms

2 sweet potatoes, diced

1 tablespoon of coconut oil

2 tablespoons of coconut aminos

2 tablespoons of Sriracha

1 tablespoon of maple syrup

Your favorite spices!

Salt and pepper to taste

Parchment paper

How to make it:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then line a large pan with parchment paper and place your sweet potatoes on it. Bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, take out the tray from the oven and add in your mushrooms and broccoli. Make sure to arrange your ingredients on the pan so there is room to bake the dish evenly! 

Coat the veggies with a tablespoon of coconut oil, then top with your favorite spices — paprika, oregano and thyme is a magical combo! Place the pan back in the oven for 35 minutes, making sure to flip your veggies around at the midway point. Once your veggies are crispy and delicious, and the sweet potatoes are perfectly soft and caramelized, take the pan out of the oven and enjoy! 

To make this meal more filling, you can add a few squares of baked tofu or a serving of ground beef. Pair everything with a side salad and you’re good to go!

Contact Jazmin Cubilla at [email protected].