Oreo ‘truffles’: A holiday recipe

flickr/Creative Commons

Oreo truffles are the perfect recipe to make for any holiday party or even to enjoy all by yourself. Imagine if an Oreo and a cake pop had a baby, and bam, this delicious, heavenly treat is what you get. This recipe requires no baking, which makes these treats super easy to whip up anywhere — I made them in my dorm room, and they’re definitely a crowd-pleaser! So do yourself a favor this holiday season and whip a batch of these babies up to reward yourself for all the hard work you’ve done!

Ingredients

• 1 package of Oreo cookies 
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 pound of any type of chocolate (we chose white chocolate and semi-sweet morsels) 
  • Sprinkles, or any other topping you desire

Instructions

Separate the Oreo cookies into halves and scrape the filling into a bowl. Then, place the Oreo cookies into a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies finely. Once the Oreo cookies are completely crushed, empty the bag into a bowl.

Mix in the Oreo filling and cream cheese. Try using your hands to squeeze the ingredients together until thoroughly combined. You can mold the truffles into any preferred size. Grab the amount of mixture desired and roll it into a ball. Continue to do this until all of the mixture is rolled into your preferred truffle size. 

Next, pour the chocolate into a bowl and melt it in the microwave. Dip the Oreo truffles into the chocolate and roll until fully coated. You can use a fork to scoop the truffle out of the melted chocolate and hold it over the bowl to let the excess chocolate drip down.  

Gently place the truffle onto a plate lined with wax paper or tinfoil. Now add your sprinkles, or other toppings, before the chocolate hardens. When the truffles are fully hardened, put them in the refrigerator to continue to harden for at least one hour. Once firm, enjoy the yummy treat!

There you have it! Now you’ll be prepped and ready for any holiday event this merry season. Your truffles will be the life of the party.

Contact Jackie Amendola at [email protected].