A healthy frittata recipe for your weekly meal prep

Jazmin Cubilla/Staff

While the practice is an undeniable time-saver, when people think of meal prep they often jump to the traditional (and might I say, boring!) bodybuilder-style of prepared container meals filled with plain chicken, rice and veggies.

Meal prepping doesn’t, however, need to be boring! It’s a super efficient way of putting together healthy and nourishing meals, and best of all, it’s endlessly customizable. Here’s a healthy veggie and protein-packed frittata recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Here’s what you’ll need

9 eggs

½ cup Greek yogurt

2 cups of frozen or raw veggies (Broccoli, green beans and mushrooms work great in this recipe.)

2 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp Italian seasoning

Salt and pepper to taste

Optional: 1 cup of diced cooked sausage and ½ cup of feta or goat cheese

How to make it

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, sauté your veggies in a pan with water, salt and olive oil until they’re almost fully cooked but still tender (they’ll finish cooking in the oven). In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs, spices, greek yogurt and optional sausage or cheese until fully incorporated. Pour your egg mix and your veggies into a glass pan, mixing gently until combined. Bake the frittata mix for 40 minutes — or until the eggs are fully cooked, and the top of the frittata is golden brown! Slice into squares and serve. 

Bonus tip: Save your leftovers for up to six months in the freezer! When you’re ready to eat, just defrost in the microwave for a few minutes, and you’ve got a healthy meal ready in minutes.

If you try this frittata recipe out, I promise you’ll never look at eggs the same way again. This meal prep is sure to supply you with tons of protein to fuel your late-night study sessions!

Contact Jazmin Cubilla at [email protected].

Clarification(s):
A previous version of this article implied that specifically a Tupperware container should be used. In fact, any container can be used.