The Daily Californian Arts & Entertainment picks for best-dressed at the SAG Awards 2020

YouTube/Courtesy

This year’s Screen Actors Guild Awards was one to remember: From the “Parasite” cast’s historic win to Brad Pitt’s cheeky acceptance speech and everything in between, there was no shortage of distinctive moments. While the show itself was noteworthy in many ways, the buzz began at the red carpet. Between all of the creative and stylish looks that stars brought to the show, here are The Daily Californian’s top picks for the best-dressed celebrities at this year’s SAG Awards.

Cynthia Erivo in Schiaparelli

YouTube/Courtesy

Cynthia Erivo may not have won a SAG award for her performance in “Harriet,” but she certainly won us over on the red carpet with her massive Schiaparelli gown. The British star has been hailed as a stylish figure this awards season, and last Sunday was no exception. The dress’s voluminous, hot pink skirt was perfectly completed by its simple orange bodice, and Erivo complemented the look with the elegant combination of a diamond necklace and matching earrings. Her ensemble was tasteful and fun at the same time, making her a clear winner in our book.

Lili Reinhart in Miu Miu

Though Lili Reinhart wasn’t nominated for any awards at last Sunday’s show, she grabbed plenty of attention on the red carpet with her elegant Miu Miu look. The “Riverdale” actress’s gown featured a black, pearl-embellished bodice and a frilly, white skirt, and she finished off her outfit with simple Harry Winston earrings. Between the monochromatic color scheme and the classic silhouette, Reinhart’s look was one of the most graceful of the night.

Jennifer Aniston in Christian Dior

YouTube/Courtesy

Between her big win for “The Morning Show” and her on-camera reunion with ex-husband Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston made quite a splash at the SAG Awards. Still, these moments weren’t enough to distract the public from the actress’s stunning appearance on the red carpet. Aniston turned heads in her vintage Dior dress from John Galliano’s spring/summer 1999 collection. The slinky, silk gown was elegant and simple, and she completed the look with minimal makeup and barely any jewelry.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge in Armani Privé

YouTube/Courtesy

Phoebe Waller-Bridge has become well known for her creative talents and sense of humor, but her merits don’t end there: The “Fleabag” creator also happens to have a great sense of style, as evidenced by her appearance on the SAG Awards red carpet. Waller-Bridge wore a daring, sparkly Armani Privé outfit, complete with a black bandeau and matching skirt. Naturally, the star completed the sultry look with slicked-back hair and a great deal of confidence, making her as much of an icon on the red carpet as she is on our televisions.

Zoë Kravitz in Oscar de la Renta

YouTube/Courtesy

Zoë Kravitz is a regular on best-dressed lists, and for good reason. The actress consistently knows how to look both elegant and cool, and the SAG Awards this year was no exception. Kravitz wore a strapless peach gown that was cinched at the waist with a bow, complemented with elbow-length white gloves. All eyes were on her outfit, since she kept her makeup simple and her jewelry minimal. It’s no surprise that this refined look ended up on our best-dressed list.

Salem Sulaiman covers fashion. Contact him at [email protected].