Grade A skincare hacks for UC Berkeley students

Nirvana Ellaboudy/Staff

We all know how essential beauty routines are, but sometimes there are so many options it can be overwhelming. With the stress of school and lack of time, it can be hard to keep your skin rejuvenated. Luckily, there are a few skincare options unique to us as UC Berkeley students. Here are some of the Clog’s best beauty hacks.

Cleanse with your tears 

It is universally known that the first step in a good beauty routine is a cleanser. But when it comes to cleansers, the extensive options and high prices can be a huge deterrent. No need to fear, though — we have an excellent beauty hack for you. Instead of going out of your way to pay for a cleanser, use your very own tears. We all have plenty of them flowing on the daily, so it’s not only the cheapest option, but it’s also convenient and resourceful. This is also great because you can virtually cleanse your face anywhere! In the bathroom? Cry and cleanse. On your way to class? Cry and cleanse. In the middle of a midterm? Cry and cleanse.

Exfoliate with boba

After thoroughly cleansing your face, the next step is exfoliation. A textured exfoliator is the best way to get rid of all excess dirt and dead skin cells. What better-textured substance to rub your face with than the squishy balls in your bubble tea? Let’s be real. You’re already spending money on boba all the time anyway, so you might as well get another use out of it! All you have to do is get your regular boba order and save just a few balls to exfoliate. It’s really a win-win — you get to continue indulging your love of boba and get the smoothest skin ever!

Use sweat as a toner

Toner is just beginning to get the recognition it deserves in the beauty world. Toner not only helps remove the dirt and makeup your cleanser missed, but it is also super important for rebalancing the pH in your skin. Something we all do naturally that also balances out our skin pH is sweating. No need to even buy a toner; all you have to do is walk from class to class, take the stairs and get the toning effects of sweat! So next time you see someone complaining about walking uphill, kindly remind them that they are reaping all the benefits of free skincare.

Moisturize with frozen yogurt from Yogurt Park

Toners are also great for priming the skin to absorb moisture. That’s why, after using a toner, it’s essential to moisturize. What could be better for moisturizing your skin than the creamiest, most decadent frozen yogurt near campus: Yogurt Park. Yogurt is a common ingredient in skincare products, and we should consider ourselves lucky that we have access to such smooth frozen yogurt, not to mention its excellent cooling effects on your skin. So, rubbing Yogurt Park’s frozen yogurt all over your face after crying, exfoliating with boba and sweating profusely throughout the day is the perfect way to calm your skin down!

We hope these simple and effective tips help you take advantage of the great skincare hacks UC Berkeley has to offer!

Contact Jackie Amendola at [email protected].