Curb your late-night cravings: Easy 2-ingredient healthy desserts

Jackie Amendola/Staff

It’s tough when those late-night cravings hit, and all you want to do is binge eat all the junk you can! But being prepared and having some super simple healthy options can help you avoid unhealthy late-night snacking. I’ve compiled a list of my three favorite healthy homemade snacks that can help you quickly curb your hunger, and they each only consist of two ingredients. They are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. 

Strawberries and Chocolate

Strawberries and chocolate don’t have to be eaten only on Valentine’s Day! The combination is one of the yummiest snacks ever and so easy to put together.

Ingredients 

• Strawberries 
  • Chocolate or chocolate chips 

Directions 

Put your desired amount of chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate in intervals of 15 seconds until it is fully melted. While the chocolate is melting, wash and cut your strawberries. Once the chocolate is fully melted and the strawberries are cut, you can dip and enjoy! 

Mango and Yogurt 

This recipe is extremely simple! You can use whatever flavor of yogurt you want for this, but vanilla yogurt with mango is my personal favorite! 

Ingredients

• Mango 
  • Yogurt of your choice 

Directions 

Pour the yogurt into a bowl and cut your mango into cubes or slices. Mix the mango into the yogurt and indulge.

Yes, it really is that simple, and trust me, it will satisfy all your late-night dessert cravings!

Banana and Nut Butter 

Banana and nut butter is a classic combination! It’s so quick to put together and such a nutritious snack! 

Ingredients 

• Banana
  • Nut butter of your choice 
  • Chocolate chips (optional) 

Directions 

Peel and slice your banana.

You can prepare the nut butter in two different ways: serve it as a side and dip the banana in, or melt it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and drizzle it on top of your banana. If you choose the second option, we also recommend sprinkling on some chocolate chips for extra sweetness!  

No matter which simple combo you decide to make, we know these healthy options will help curb your late-night sweet cravings!

Contact Jackie Amendola at [email protected].