We were mint to be: A delicious Thin Mint chocolate chip cookie recipe

Kelly Fong/Staff

Girl Scout cookie season is upon us, which means it’s time to stock up on our favorite cookies. With Girl Scouts camped out all around campus, these delicious cookies have become way too accessible for us UC Berkeley students. Don’t get me wrong, this is definitely not a bad thing. It does, however, result in me splurging and accumulating too many Girl Scout cookies, especially Thin Mints, which are my favorite!

Well, you’re in luck! I’ve found an utterly delicious way of devouring your (probably massive) stock of Thin Mints by incorporating them into your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thin Mints are a fantastic addition since they add a kick of mint, and you get double the amount of chocolate at every bite — who doesn’t love that? If you’re a fan of soft and moist chocolate chip cookies, then these Thin Mint chocolate chip cookies are perfect for you. They’re definitely a must-try! But, we must warn you: You might end up buying even more Thin Mints afterward!

Ingredients

• 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
  • 1 packaged roll of Girl Scout Thin Mints
  • 3 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Kelly Fong/Staff

Kelly Fong/Staff

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until the resulting mixture is smooth and well combined. Start beating in the eggs, one at a time. Next, mix in the vanilla extract, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.

Kelly Fong/Staff

Using a blender, finely crush the Thin Mints. If you would like, you can leave some chunks of Thin Mints in the mixture. In a small bowl, combine the flour and crushed Thin Mints and then add this combination to the wet mixture. Finally, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.

Kelly Fong/Staff

On a greased baking pan (or a pan lined with parchment paper), place medium-sized balls of dough about 1 inch away from each other. Bake for about 10-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Remove from your oven and let the cookies cool.

Now you’re done! Happy baking, Bears!

Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].