‘Digitize and centralize’: App designed for UC Berkeley events to launch in fall

Stephanie Li/File

Eventure, an app created by a group of UC Berkeley students, will officially launch during Golden Bear Orientation this fall.

Designed as a platform to give exposure to campus events, the app will facilitate student club membership management and offer an event creation pipeline, according to Eventure co-founder Victor Li. The developers hope the app serves as a “dynamic hub” for students and various campus organizations.

“Our mission is to digitize and integrate the Berkeley event ecosystem, and make sure every event receives equal exposure,” Li said in an email. “For students, we create a convenient and distraction-free event searching experience and we offer the most comprehensive list of campus events pooled from multiple sources.” 

Li added that the name Eventure comes from the words “event” and “adventure,” with the idea of the project being sparked by the increasing “demand and supply” of events at UC Berkeley. According to Li, with such a large community, these events become “overwhelming” to navigate.

The app will be available on the App Store, with an Android version currently in development, beginning this fall semester.

According to Li, Eventure will have multiple functionalities including browsing events based on interest, checking into events using QR codes, posting and editing events and managing club rosters and transferring leadership, among others.

According to ASUC Chief Technology Officer Leon Ming, the Eventure team has no official relationship with the ASUC but has been getting advice from Ming on a personal level regarding technical aspects of the app and marketing.

“We built (the app) with a hope that it can become a master virtual tool that helps digitize and centralize campus information and resources,” said Eventure co-founder Gia Gong in an email. “We want it to be accessible to all members of the Cal community.”

Contact Sabrina Dong at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @sabrina_dong_.