Since we’re all stuck in quarantine, what better time than to put together a fun and interactive way of having a delicious meal? Get your family together, or whomever you’re quarantining with, and make this delightful summer roll platter, complete with the ultimate creamy peanut sauce. If you want to bring your friends in on the fun, host a Zoom meeting right from your kitchen.
These rolls are bursting with yummy flavor, complemented by the classic taste of peanuts in a deliciously creamy sauce! Plus, the steps to make them are super simple, so everyone can join in. This recipe is a great way to shake up the repetitiveness of life at home, so head into the kitchen and have fun!
- 4 cups grated raw veggies (we recommend carrots, zucchini and beets)
- 2 cups julienned raw veggies (we recommend jicama, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumber and bell peppers)
- 2 cups raw leafy greens (we recommend kale, spinach and rainbow chard)
- ½ cup flavorful greens (we recommend mint, green onion and cilantro)
- 1 cup steamed edamame (you can buy this frozen for convenience!)
- 2 cups baked tofu, cubed
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 package of rice paper for spring rolls
Creamy peanut sauce
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 3 raw garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Assemble all your veggies, tofu and avocado on a large platter.
- Place all the ingredients for your peanut sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
- For the summer rolls, grab a rice paper sheet and dip it in warm water for 20 seconds.
- Add your veggies and toppings into the paper and roll together.
- Dip the summer rolls in the peanut sauce and enjoy!
If you’re in need of a fun summer meal, these rolls will never let you down. Have a great time cooking!
Contact Jazmin Cubilla at [email protected].