The Clog’s travel guide to the best planets to visit in a galaxy far, far away

Lucasfilm/Courtesy

In honor of May the Fourth and “Star Wars,” we at the Clog have compiled a list of our favorite intergalactic travel destinations, ranging from the white sandy beaches of Scarif to the billowing clouds of Bespin. We hope you enjoy your travels, and may the Force be with you!

Scarif
Nestled deep in the Outer Rim Territories is the remote, tropical planet of Scarif. Distinguished by its deep blue waters and white sandy beaches, Scarif is the perfect planet for your next vacation. Whether you like to snorkel through oceans teeming with vibrant fish, hike across rocky archipelagos or explore tropical jungles filled with incredible reptiles and colorful birds, Scarif has something for everyone, making it the perfect planet for your travels.

Kashyyyk
A temperate jungle planet located in the Mid Rim, Kashyyyk is the perfect place to travel to if you love forests filled with different kinds of life. Home to the benevolent Wookiees, Kashyyyk is covered in mountainous forests, teeming with a variety of plant life, as well as a tropical ocean belt with coral reefs. While the planet may be home to some intense wildlife, such as the giant spider-like Wyyyschokk, and often covered in a humid mist, it’s the perfect place for explorers looking to marvel at the jungle.

Mustafar
A small, volcanic planet located in the Outer Rim Territories, Mustafar is covered in lava; however, the planet is also home to large electrical storms, making it a special kind of hell. Despite its seemingly infernal landscape, though, Mustafar is a great place for daredevils or thrill seekers to travel to. Skydiving through electrical storms and skiing across the rivers of lava make it one of the most dangerous and exciting places to visit in the entire galaxy!

Naboo
A bountiful planet located on the edge of the Mid Rim, Naboo is a great place to visit. With a range of different ecological features, from rolling hills and plains to swampy lakes, Naboo is a place of classical beauty, with cities designed with aesthetically pleasing architecture. It’s also an enigma to astrophysicists for its lack of a molten core and plasma-rich interior. With deep sea cities and tunnels, as well as beautiful architecture and waterfalls, Naboo is a must-see travel destination.

Bespin
A gas giant located in the Outer Rim Territories, Bespin is home to the floating Cloud City. Known for its stunning views and its mining colonies, Bespin hosts a thin layer of breathable atmosphere, where its floating cities lie. An opulent metropolitan city suspended in the planet’s billowing clouds, Cloud City is known for its beauty and spectacular surroundings. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime place to visit, where you can take in scenic views while hang gliding over the city. 

Hoth
A remote, icy planet in the Outer Rim Territories, Hoth isn’t home to much besides ice. In fact, the temperature is known to drop to as cold as -76 degrees Fahrenheit. However, if you’re interested in an icy wonderland with mountains, frozen plains and some ocean, Hoth is the planet for you. It’s also home to less than 10 intelligent lifeforms, so if you’re looking for some solitude, it’s the perfect place to isolate yourself.

Forest Moon of Endor
A small, forested moon that orbits the planet Endor, the Endor Moon is home to the Ewoks, which resemble miniature grizzly bears. Covered in dense woodlands, mountains and savannas, the Endor Moon is a great place to visit if you’re looking to spend time among tall Redwood trees, some of which are more than 3,000 feet tall, and enjoy a peaceful, woodsy environment. People can indulge in a variety of activities, from rock climbing to whitewater rafting, making it a remarkable travel destination.

Although travel on Earth has been limited during this time, we can still celebrate May the Fourth by appreciating all of the wonderful travel spots in a galaxy far, far away.

Contact Zachary Abuel-Saud at [email protected].