Tortilla chips are a Mexican staple, and because we couldn’t celebrate with endless baskets at Mexican restaurants this past Cinco de Mayo, we’re going to show you how to make them at home if you’re craving some!
This healthy way to make tortilla chips is crazy delicious. They come out incredibly when made using an air fryer but are also delightful oven-baked. Making them at home also means they come out super fresh each time and are the perfect dish to make for snacking all day or as an appetizer for your next meal.
- Mini tortillas
- Oil (cooking spray is the easiest)
- Lime juice
- Start by cutting your tortillas in half 4 times, creating 8 even triangles.
- Spray or brush the triangles with oil.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay your tortilla triangles in the air fryer, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the chips out and coat them in lime juice and salt. Then, serve and enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Lay the tortilla triangles on the baking sheet, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until the chips reach your preferred crispiness.
- Take the chips out of the oven and coat them in lime juice and salt.
- Let them cool, then dig in!
This recipe is so simple, and it’s perfect for the occasion. Whip up your favorite salsa or guacamole and enjoy!