Summer is here, why spend your entire day cooking? If you’re looking to save some time the next moment you’re in the mood for a meal, check out this quick and easy kale and apple salad. The crispy kale with the tartness of the apples is sure to be a crowd favorite. Not to mention, the mixture is beautifully pulled together with a delicious and straightforward vinegar dressing.
While you might enjoy making a quick batch for yourself, this recipe is the perfect addition to multiple scenarios. Bring it to your next picnic lunch. Throw it together at a summer barbecue with friends. Or even toss this yummy salad together for your next family dinner. Whatever the event, this delicious salad is just what you’re looking for, and the time you save making it will be priceless.
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 apples (chopped)
- ¼ cup almonds (chopped)
- A sprinkle of olive oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons red vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- A jar (to shake it up)
- Start by massaging your kale with a little olive oil, then set in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, chop your apples into small cubed pieces.
- When you finish the apples, start cutting your almonds into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the apples and almonds into the bowl filled with kale.
- Now start to prepare your dressing! Measure and add all the dressing ingredients into a closable jar.
- Seal the jar’s lid and shake vigorously.
- Taste and adjust, feel free to add more salt or pepper to the dressing as needed.
- Finally, drizzle the shaken dressing into the bowl filled with your salad ingredients.
- Toss it all up and enjoy your ready-to-eat salad!
We at the Clog hope you love this simple yet delicious salad! It’s perfect for a warm summer afternoon or crisp dinner. Regardless of the meal, this salad won’t disappoint.
Contact Sera Smith [email protected].