The other day, I found myself deeply craving chicken wings. More specifically, the sweet and savory, tender yet crispy wings that have the ability to make any day 10 times better. So, armed with my cravings and my mom’s air fryer, I got to work making the ultimate honey garlic chicken wings. If you love the power combo of honey and garlic as much as I do, read on for the recipe!
- 6 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, diced
- ½ cup honey
- Vegetable oil
- Cilantro, sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl, season the wings with salt and pepper. Toss the wings with a generous amount of vegetable oil; make sure they’re evenly coated.
- Place the wings in the air fryer for 14 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip the wings over and put them back in the air fryer for another 14 minutes, or until the wings look crispy and golden.
- In a pan, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and place them in the pan with the sauce. Coat the wings on both sides and cook on low heat for 3 minutes each side, allowing the wings to absorb the sauce.
- Plate the wings, sprinkle with sesame seeds, top with cilantro and serve!
Sweet, garlicky and packed with flavor, homemade wings have never been so easy! Whether you want to try out a different flavor or satisfy your cravings, we at the Clog encourage you to experiment with the flavors above. Feel free to customize the sauce to your liking – you just might find yourself pleasantly surprised.
Contact Kristie Lin at [email protected].