Now that it is officially summertime, temperatures, as well as the need for cold snacks, have been steadily increasing. Acai bowls are perfect for the summer season to help you cool down! Acai is considered a superfood, filled with antioxidants, protein and fiber. So, this acai smoothie bowl recipe will make you a refreshing treat that you won’t have to feel guilty about! Here are the ingredients and steps to make this delicious (and vegan!) summer dish!
- 1 serving of acai (fresh acai berries, acai powder or frozen premade packs)
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- ½ cup fresh fruit
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- ½ cup granola
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Chilled bowl
- Before you start, get a freezer-safe bowl and stick it in the freezer! Trust us. You’ll thank us later.
- Next, create your base. Add the acai, the frozen mixed berries, half of the banana, the coconut milk yogurt and the apple juice to the blender. Then, get to blending. Make sure you don’t over-blend. You want your mixture thick enough to hold your toppings.
- Prepare your toppings! Slice up the other half of your banana, chop some strawberries and grab a handful of other mixed berries of your choice. Set aside the shredded coconut, granola and chia seeds.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency of your smoothie, grab your now-chilled bowl and pour your mixture into it.
- Now comes the fun part! Put all of your toppings on top of the bowl. Here, you get to be creative and make the perfect, aesthetic smoothie bowl that everyone loves to look at.
- Lastly, enjoy your delicious, healthy snack!
The best part of acai smoothie bowls is that you can easily mix it up by adding or substituting any of your favorite fruits and toppings! Feel free to get creative and experiment with different ingredients. Most importantly, enjoy the heat a little more with a cool and fresh vegan acai smoothie bowl!
Contact Marissa Boling at [email protected].