The ultimate campfire playlist

ultimate campfire playlist
Wikimedia/Creative Commons

Whether you want to sit back and relax next to the fire or get up and dance, this playlist is the one for you! It will set the vibe for a relaxed, groovy environment that is perfect for you, your friends and family to make s’mores, grab a beverage and tell stories under the stars.

So, here is a list of 10 songs to add to your playlist before going to your next campfire.

“Can I Call You Tonight?” by Dayglow

This song is probably one of my favorites to listen to when I am in a good mood. It allows me to take a deep breath, move to the beat at my own pace and smile as I reminisce about my childhood.

“I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz

With a soulful beat, Jason Mraz’s beautiful voice automatically makes me smile with the sentimental lyrics and easy background beat. Beware: The campfire conversation might be interrupted as everyone tries to sing along to this classic song.

“Anemone” by Slenderbodies

Soft and wonderful are the two words I would use to describe this song. “Anemone” feels like a warm embrace that fills the air around you with hope and mystery. It sets a beautiful vibe perfect for a campfire.

“Goodie Bag” by Still Woozy

When you want to bop your head and jam with the beat, this song should be put on repeat. This song is quick to fill you with warmth as it transforms you into a dreamy state with its mixture of electronic and acoustic.

“Riptide” by Vance Joy

When the energy needs to be picked up, queue this song next. With everyone swaying in unison, this song can bring everyone together with its easy lyrics and fun beat.

“Cigarette Daydreams” by Cage the Elephant

Bringing you nostalgia, this song will put you in a state of temporary melancholy as you chill with friends and family talking about the good ole days.

“Lucky” by Choker

This song carries an easy, soft beat that is perfect to wind down the evening. Filled with beautiful vocals, this mellow song will give you peace of mind as you listen to your friends reminisce about happy memories.

“Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

“Home” carries a sense of euphoria with it. The lyrics, “Home is wherever I’m with you,” sit nicely as you look at your friends and family around the campfire and feel lucky to be alive at this exact moment.

“Why Georgia” by John Mayer

With a perfect melody, this song feels simple, yet is filled with bigger messages about your purpose in life and how it’s okay to feel lost because you aren’t alone. Perfect for reflection!

“Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day

This song flows seamlessly with the guitar strums and melancholic vocals. It’s a nice way to sum up the evening with its thought-provoking lyrics uttering, “I hope you had the time of your life,” as you smile knowing you had a good end to an even better day.

Next time you’re at a campfire, make sure you save these songs to a playlist. You won’t regret the good vibes and warm feelings they carry with them.

Contact Natalia Brusco at [email protected].