I have always been fascinated with mug recipes, but I didn’t realize that there are so many things you can bake in a mug! With minimal steps, a few ingredients and the trusty microwave, it’s simple enough for anyone to give it a shot! It’s even more perfect as a late-night snack. You know when you just need to eat something sweet, but you’re also not trying to wake everyone in your home? Look no further! Mug recipes are foolproof.
Not to mention, they’re single servings, so you don’t have to end up with a whole batch of something haunting you. There’s a cinnamon bun place near my mom’s work that I have been missing since it closed due to COVID-19. So I thought this week, I would try out this easy and quick cinnamon roll mug recipe.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons vanilla almond milk (or dairy alternative of your choice)
- Nonstick spray
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Melt your butter and get a regular-sized microwave-safe mug ready.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla almond milk (or your alternative). Whisk until the mixture has a thick and creamy consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Spray your mug with nonstick baking spray. Then, pour your batter mixture inside.
- Microwave for 1 minute, 30 seconds.
- When it’s done, sprinkle your dry mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar on top.
Now, it’s the best part — time to enjoy! Because you sprayed the mug, you can eat your snack straight from there, or take it out for your own single-serving cinnamon roll. Either way, this warm and sweet treat should remind you of one of those yummy ones from the store. Next time your sweet tooth is getting the best of you late at night, try this cinnamon roll in a mug.
Contact Marissa Boling at [email protected].