Football Matches In 2020 That Will Probably Enter History

During the difficult situation that befell us all in 2020, we can say that football is not being surrendered and that some of the matches that took place this year can be recorded throughout history as one of the most prominent.

Here are a few games that will surely not leave you indifferent:

Atletico Madrid vs Liverpool

It was a difficult night for all Liverpool fans, and their manager did not take the defeat from Atletico Madrid very easily.

The European champion has finished the competition in the Champions League!

After reaching the final of the strongest football competition in 2018, and then winning it a year later, Liverpool was defeated in the eighth-finals by Atletico Madrid.

The game at “Anfield” was very exciting, and Atletico finally celebrated after the turnaround in overtime with 3-2.

Paris Saint Germain – Gorussia Dortmund

The Paris Saint-Germain players advanced to the quarterfinals of the Champions League with a victory over Borussia Dortmund.

PSG defeated Borussia 2 : 0 at their “Princes’ Park”.

The Parisians thus made up for the 2: 1 deficit from the first match played in Germany and advanced to the next phase.

The match was played in front of empty stands due to the coronavirus pandemic, and in addition to good cheering in Paris, good football was also missing.

Manchester City vs Tottenham

Tottenham players beat Manchester City at home in the derby of the 25th round of the Premier League with the result 2: 0

Goals worth three points were scored by debutant Stephen Bergwein in the 63rd minute, and Hyong-Min Son in the 71st minute.

The guests from Manchester broke another series – Pep Guardiola’s team did not score at least one goal on the road for the first time after 23 games in the domestic championship.

On the other hand, with this victory, the first after four years over this rival, Tottenham is again in the game for placement in the Champions League.

Inter Milan vs Bayer Leverkusen

Inter Milan advanced into the Europa League semifinals after winning Bayer Leverkusen, 2-1. The Italian side was carrying the momentum from an impressive round of 16 matches against Getafe, and their aggressive offensive attack did not slow down during their quarterfinal.

Bayer Leverkusen, meanwhile, held the majority of the possession throughout the game, but the German side was unable to overcome the aggressive attack from Milan. After going down two goals in less than 10 minutes in the first half, the team responded thanks to Kai Havertz, who got a goal back in the 24th minute. It would be the only goal on the day for Leverkusen and Inter continued to look lethal the entire match, including potential penalty opportunities that were overturned with VAR.

Inter Milan will face Shakhtar’s winner against Basel in the semifinals next week. You can
check this at Odds Club.

Bayern Munich vs. Chelsea

Bayern Munich beat Chelsea 4-1 in the round of 16 of the Champions League.

Bayern Munich will play in the quarterfinals of the Champions League, and that is no surprise since they will not have a single defeat in competitive matches in 2020.

After a convincing 3-0 victory in London, they managed to defeat Chelsea at the empty Alliance Arena without any problems, with the result 4:1.

The game was not too open, there was no risk, and the pace was extremely slow at the very beginning, so we record several attempts by Bayern, while Chelsea was at a standstill.

As for Bayern and Chelsea, the Germans have shown brutal dominance and why they are considered favourites.

The Daily Californian’s editorial and newsroom staff were not involved in this advertisement’s production. For advertising and sponsorship opportunities or more information about paid content, contact [email protected]