BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 27, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Suspect arrested in connection to death of UC Berkeley student Seth Smith

PHIL SMITH | COURTESY

Four days after his arrest, suspect Tony Walker has been charged for the murder of UC Berkeley student Seth Smith.

AUGUST 21, 2020

Two months after UC Berkeley student Seth Smith was fatally wounded by gunfire, Berkeley police detectives arrested a suspect Thursday on suspicion of murder, as first reported by Berkeleyside. 

Smith was shot June 15, found unresponsive and bleeding on Dwight Way by Valley Street. The suspect is Tony Lorenzo Walker, a 60-year-old man with a history of arrests who lives on Dwight near Acton Street, according to Berkeleyside. 

Walker was arrested at 1:20 p.m. in Berkeley on suspicion of murder in the first degree, according to Alameda County jail booking records. 

Walker is being held without bail at the Alameda County jail and is scheduled for arraignment at the East County Hall of Justice at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to Alameda County jail booking records. 

Check back for updates.

Maxine Mouly is a deputy news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @moulymaxine.

AUGUST 21, 2020