BERKELEY'S NEWS • FEBRUARY 02, 2023

Ring in the New Year with our 2023 New Year's Special Issue!

Former Cal defensive lineman Luc Bequette announces transfer to Boston College

SAM ALBILLO | SENIOR STAFF

AUGUST 25, 2020

After entering the transfer portal late last week, Cal defensive centerpiece Luc Bequette has officially announced his plans to transfer to Boston College. One of the key facets of a Bears’ defense that was ranked fifth in the nation by Bleacher Report in 2019, Bequette garnered 52 tackles last season, four of them for loss and three of them sacks.

Bequette’s decision follows the Pac-12’s ruling to cancel all sporting events until at least 2021. While neither the Pac-12 nor the Big Ten will see any action this year, Boston College has some of college football’s biggest contenders on its docket come fall — national championship runner-up Clemson, Notre Dame and North Carolina are all ranked on the preseason AP Top 25 poll, with the Tigers sitting pretty at No. 1.

The graduate transfer now has one last chance at upping his draft stock and proving his force on the field before the NFL draft rolls around. Boston College finished 6-7 last season with an even conference record.

Emily Ohman covers football. Contact her at [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @emilyohman34.

AUGUST 26, 2020