BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 28, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Berkeley police searching for missing person at risk with dementia

The Berkeley Police Department alert identified the missing person as Frank Schooley, a 6-foot white man with short gray hair.

SEPTEMBER 16, 2020

Update 9/16: This article has been updated to reflect information from the Berkeley Police Department. 

At approximately 2:06 p.m. Wednesday, missing person Frank Schooley, 81, was located, according to a Berkeley Police Department alert.

BPD sent out its first alert at approximately 12:28 p.m. seeking help from the community in locating Schooley, identifying him as an “at risk” person due to dementia.

The alert identified Schooley as a white man who is 6 feet tall, with a thin build, short gray hair and blue eyes. Schooley was last seen near Brookside Drive and Claremont Avenue at about 10:30 a.m. wearing a blue- and yellow-striped button-down long sleeve shirt and light blue jeans, according to the alert.

Schooley also wears a medical bracelet for dementia with his wife’s phone number on it. According to the alert, Schooley suffers from a spinal condition and is unable to walk quickly or for long distances.

Check back for updates.

Alexandra Feldman is a deputy news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @a_p_feldman.

SEPTEMBER 16, 2020