If you’re like me and often find yourself reminiscing sunny summer days and sweet juicy fruit, you’re going to love this watermelon feta salad recipe. It’s not super involved, meaning you don’t have to carefully measure out 50 different ingredients — you can decide to put together as much of each ingredient as you’d like. For example, if you like cheese but you’re also slightly lactose intolerant, you can choose to put only a little amount of feta and add more watermelon. Let your heart guide you!
- Feta cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- Cut up as much watermelon as you want, depending on how big you want the salad to be.
- Crumble up as little or as much feta as you want over the watermelon.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the watermelon and feta.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper over the salad.
- Finish it off by sprinkling some mint on top. I didn’t have mint, so I used cilantro instead for the visual appeal — it still tasted good!
If you want to go all out, I recommend drinking mint lemonade with this salad, but that will be a recipe for another day. Don’t forget to lie back in a lounge chair outside while consuming this salad to get maximum enjoyment out of it.
I hope you can soak up the end of summer with this refreshing salad, Bears!
Contact Özge Terzioğlu at [email protected].