Even though it doesn’t feel quite like fall outside yet, that’s no reason not to start digging up your favorite fall recipes! In the spirit of the season and my urge to make anything pumpkin, I set out on a quest to make some easy and tasty pumpkin desserts to make it feel a bit more like fall. So, here are a few easy pumpkin recipes to add to your repertoire that give you that pumpkin spice flavor without breaking your budget.
With hints of honey, cinnamon and, of course, pumpkin, this pumpkin spread is the perfect way to make a last minute breakfast a bit more festive. It’s easy, has few ingredients and is perfect to make on a budget crunch.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- ½ cup honey
- In a pot, stir together pumpkin puree and butter under medium heat until butter is completely melted.
- Turn the heat down to low and incorporate the honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Place in a jar or heat safe container with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve on toast, crackers or bagels and enjoy!
Pumpkin spice latte
Nothing screams fall quite like a pumpkin spice latte. However, a coffee a day does not keep student debt at bay. Although this recipe is not technically a “latte” because it does not have milk foam, it still has the fall pumpkin spice flavor infamous at your local Starbucks.
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1 coffee pod (recipe makes 2 servings)
- 8 ounces water
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Begin to brew 1 pod of coffee with water.
- In a pot, combine milk and pumpkin puree under medium heat until fully combined.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Pour into a mug and add coffee. Top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
No-bake layered pumpkin mini cheesecakes
Cream cheese and pumpkin is an age-old flavor duo that combines just the right amount of tangy and pumpkin in any fall dessert, and these mini pumpkin cheesecakes are no exception.
Ingredients (makes 1 dozen)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup crushed graham crackers
Cream cheese filling
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- ½ cup of the cream cheese filling (made above)
- Melt 1 stick unsalted butter.
- Combine with crushed graham crackers.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of cupcake liners to make the bottom crust of the cheesecakes.
- Refrigerate while assembling the rest.
Cream cheese filling
- Combine cream cheese and butter until fluffy, or for five minutes.
- Mix in rest of the ingredients until smooth. Keep mixing if it’s clumpy.
- Combine pumpkin and milk until smooth.
- Mix in milk, sugar, and spice until well combined.
- Add in ½ cup of your cream cheese filling and mix until smooth.
- Put a spoonful of pumpkin filling on top of the crust.
- Follow with a spoonful of cream cheese filling.
- Top with pumpkin filling.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow them to firm, or, if you’re impatient, enjoy with friends immediately.
Whether you whip up a pumpkin spice latte or some easy pumpkin spread, or are looking to impress your friends with adorable mini cheesecakes, these recipes are just what you need to get you into the fall mood!
Contact Isabella Carreno at [email protected].