BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 04, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Berkeley 7-Eleven robbed at knifepoint of several sandwiches

GOOGLE | COURTESY

Anyone with information about the reported robbery at 7-Eleven can contact the Berkeley Police Department at 510-981-5742.

OCTOBER 14, 2020

The 7-Eleven store located at 2887 College Ave. was robbed at knifepoint of seven to eight sandwiches Tuesday at 7:04 p.m.

An employee of the store reported that when the 7-Eleven clerk confronted the suspect, the suspect pulled out a knife, threatened to kill the clerk and then left the store, according to Berkeley Police Department spokesperson Officer Byron White.

BPD was notified of the crime 30 minutes after it occurred, and by the time officers arrived at the scene the suspect had left. According to White, the suspect is described as a Black male in his 50s, about 6 feet tall and wearing black pants and a black shirt.

People who have information about the crime can contact BPD at 510-981-5742.

Check back for updates.

Maya Akkaraju is a deputy news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @maya_akkaraju.

OCTOBER 14, 2020