Celebrating Latin culture is always amazing, and this taco recipe is a great way to do that! With pico de gallo, freshly sliced avocado, tangy greens and crispy steak, these tacos are going to blow your mind. And, best of all, they’re made with unprocessed ingredients, which will provide you with the long-lasting fuel you’ll need to help you study for your midterms.
- 1 serving raw steak, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans
- 3 soft taco tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pico de gallo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- In a pan, cook the steak to your liking.
- Add the refried beans and stir. Once it is completely heated through, remove the mixture from the pan.
- Coat the pan with a thin layer of olive oil. Heat the tortillas in the pan until they are light and crispy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lettuce with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the tortillas on a plate. Add a layer of the steak mixture to each one.
- Top each taco with the lettuce mixture, slices of avocado and the pico de gallo.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!
Contact Jazmin Cubilla at [email protected].