BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 03, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Oakland Police Department investigates homicide at Grizzly Peak

DANIEL KIM | FILE

According to a warning from the Oakland Police Department, the department is currently investigating a homicide that took place on Grizzly Peak today. The Oakland Police Department warning also advised the campus community to maintain safe travel practices.

OCTOBER 29, 2020

Updated 10/30/20: This article has been updated to reflect information from the Oakland Police Department.

The Oakland Police Department is investigating a homicide that occurred today at the 2400 block of Grizzly Peak Boulevard, according to a warning from UCPD.

According to the Oakland Police Department, officers responded to a report of a body found around 9:10 a.m. Upon arriving, officers found a male adult in traumatic condition, and the individual was pronounced dead at the scene, OPD added.

The warning reminded the campus community to travel safely at all times, such as going with a friend or a group, taking a taxi or using campus Night Safety Services. UCPD also encouraged using blue light emergency phones and reporting crimes in a timely manner.

Anyone with information or questions about the crime should contact OPD at 510-777-3333.

Check back for updates.

Maya Akkaraju is a deputy news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @maya_akkaraju.

OCTOBER 30, 2020