BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

Rausser College of Natural Resources allows pass/no pass for major requirements

VANESSA LIM | FILE

According to an email from the Rausser College of Natural Resources, major and minor requirements for the college may be fulfilled through the pass/no pass grading option for the fall semester. The email adds that the college will make no grading policy adjustments for the spring semester.

NOVEMBER 12, 2020

UC Berkeley’s Rausser College of Natural Resources, or RCNR, announced today that its major and minor requirements may be completed with the pass/no pass, or P/NP, grading option for fall 2020.

According to the announcement, which was emailed to students in the college, reading and composition, quantitative reasoning and foreign language requirements this semester may also be completed P/NP, in addition to major prerequisites. This decision comes after RCNR extended its deadline to change class grading options to Dec. 3.

“For all students considering a change to P/NP for one or more courses, we strongly recommend you consult with your college advisor or major’s faculty advisor(s),” the email states. “Such changes could have negative impacts on admission to graduate and professional schools, or other unexpected consequences.”

The email reminds students that no more than one-third of required units toward the 120-unit minimum can be taken P/NP.

In contrast to the College of Letters and Science, which recently updated its grading policies for the academic year, the email specifies that no policy adjustments in RCNR have been made for the spring 2021 semester.

A website with more information about RCNR’s policies for the semester will be made available next week, the email adds.

Contact Maya Akkaraju at 

NOVEMBER 12, 2020