Growing up, I was obsessed with fruit roll-ups. I loved the kind that left colorful marks all over your tongue as you were eating it. I loved racing to eat an entire fruit roll-up faster than my sister did. As you can see, this snack was definitely a prime aspect of my childhood. As an adult, I am trying to opt for healthier alternatives to the snacks I love. This is my recipe for redesigned strawberry roll-ups, which I knew I had to share when I realized how ridiculously easy they are to make and how yummy they are!
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 170 F.
- Wash your strawberries and cut the stems off.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until there are no strawberry chunks left.
- Pour your mixture onto an 11-by-14.5-inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 4-5 hours or until it’s dried.
- Cut into strips and roll each strip up so it looks like a fruit roll-up you’d buy at a grocery store.
The only downside to this recipe is that it takes so long to bake. To solve this, I put my mixture in the oven right before breakfast so it could be ready to eat after lunch for an afternoon snack. This recipe makes enough to serve two people, but I would like to confess I ate this entire batch on my own. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. Is it really that good? Yes, go try it right now!
Contact Natalia Brusco at [email protected].