You might be wondering — what are “zoodles?” While this seems to be a crazy, made-up word, it actually stands for zucchini noodles. For this recipe, you will need to either invest in a spiralizer or borrow a friend’s. Because owning a spiralizer enables you to turn any vegetable into faux-noodles, chances are you’ll become obsessed with it, and I highly encourage you to buy one. With that said, enjoy the Clog’s healthy, delicious and “zooper” quick “zoodle” recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- ¼ jar marinara sauce (or another preferred sauce such as Alfredo, Bolognese etc.)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Spiralize the zucchini.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over low heat.
- Add your spiralized zucchini and saute until al dente.
- Top with ¼ jar marinara sauce (or your favorite sauce) and mix together
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese
- Viola! You’ve just made yourself “zoodles.”
Serving size: 1 person
Yes, this recipe sounds too easy and too good to be true, but I promise you it’s beyond delicious. Not only that, but it’s perfect for anyone who’s gluten-free or vegan (as long as you omit the cheese). Try asking for a spiralizer as a gift this year. Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year’s or the end of the school year, you’ll be making “zoodles” all throughout 2021.