Cal’s showdown with Utah postponed due to COVID-19 complications

Photo of Cal Women's Basketball in a timeout
Josh Kahen/File

The blue and gold will have to wait to follow up their strong performance in a losing effort against Colorado, as tomorrow’s game against Utah has been postponed due to COVID-19 developments within Cal.

Unsurprisingly, COVID-19 has caused many complications for the sports world in recent months and has already led to multiple postponements for the Bears. Tomorrow’s game will mark the third game postponed for Cal women’s basketball this season.

Cal will be hoping that its matchup against the Utes does end up taking place, as Utah would have been a great team for the Bears to possibly get their first win against. Utah has a 3-8 record on the season and is currently reeling, having lost its last two games by a combined margin of 53 points.

The last time these two teams met, it was an easy 88-74 win for the Bears. Cal shot an impressive 50% from three that game and had three players who scored 17 points or more. The Bears spread the wealth, too, as everyone on the team scored that day, and the team dished out a combined 17 assists on the game. 

Barring any more COVID-19 setbacks, expect Cal to take the court again this coming Friday, where the team will be looking for redemption against the USC Trojans.

Justin Kim covers women’s basketball. Contact him at [email protected]